Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nearing Christmas!


So, I guess I've never been one to get overly excited about Christmas, but I don't know if was the excitement of actually getting to go out by myself for the first time ever on a Black Friday, or Wally's never ending slough of Christmas carols (as Christmas is by FAR his Favorite holiday!) or the two year old running around the house with our Christmas stockings on her feet and santa hat on her head;  but I'm actually really excited this year!

Today I made about 50 chocolate chip cookies... (mmm that was the count after I finished chowing down) and Kylie only cried to get up once! Talk about an accomplishment.  The tree is up, besides a few ornaments that keep ending up on the floor per little monkey butt!!  The house is all decorated.  The only things I need to do yet are finish wrapping presents, get our Christmas cards out... and find a good safe place for baby Jesus and his parents.  The reality of the responsibility that God has given us to our children is becoming more and more apparent each day.  Because as excited as I am to give Kiarra her gifts, how will I ever become the parent I WANT to be, the wife I'm SUPPOSED to be, in order to teach her not only in words but show her the example of the gift God has given us.  That's heavy stuff.  God has given us a few very special friends to model this for us and show us, as difficult as it can get at times, Gods grace lets us be the parents he intended us to be, and children can grow up in a Godly home and model His love! *sigh* it's just a learning process!


On a lighter note - we also got our family pictures back from Em. She did a FANTABULOUS job. Yes, I just made up a word. But they were THAT good! :) Thanks Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment